Sunday, February 19, 2012

A New Chapter

Well, we're getting close to our transition from a family of 3 to a family of 4. It's hard to believe that my due date is just 4 days away... We're thinking baby Granger may take his sweet time, though. And, who knows? Maybe he'll come on his Daddy's 9th birthday :)

I'm feeling good and just taking in these last days of Jetty being our only child. He is such a delight to my heart and this stage is so much fun. He makes me laugh and smile hourly (at least) with his dancing and singing and book reading and playing and working and interacting with people. He is such a flirt and it's so funny and cute.

It has been such a blessing to have the long-awaited pregnancy that I've hoped and prayed for and to have such grace on it. I am really not uncomfortable or sleeping poorly or miserable in any way. I'm mostly just thankful to have this sweet baby bumping around inside me and reminding me how faithful God is. It has been like God told me - every day is a gift. It hasn't been completely symptom free, but easy and enjoyable enough for me to know how blessed I am!

Looking forward to how "the birth story" will take place. I don't feel nervous, just curious. I'm not in a hurry, but I am thankful that I'll get to have that experience soon. Not having my own birth story has been one of the hardest parts for me in relating to other moms - it's very much a rite of passage I have wanted and been missing for a long time. I'm grateful to have been a part of 4 (almost 5 - wasn't fast enough for that last one!) birth stories, but looking forward to experiencing it myself.

Thinking of all the lovely ladies I've had the privilege to walk with through the same kind of waiting season and praying that they'll get to feel what I feel right now. Thinking of all the people who have prayed with us and for us (friends, family, strangers) and how God is answering a lot of prayers with one little person. Thinking of who this baby will look like and how he'll nurse and how he'll sleep and how Jett will adjust to being a big brother. Imagining it will be harder and more rewarding than I can get my mind around...

Feeling full. Humbled. Happy. Round. Tired (the good kind). Hopeful.


Here is a little comparison photo: 1 month vs. 9 months:


Here's one of Jett's first moments on the outside captured by our friend Beth:


Can't wait to have a little one that small to love on so soon.

1 comment:

Me And My Heart said...

Thinking this is the best blog I have read in a long time. :) HAPPY HAUNS = thankful me. God really is so faithful.