Saturday, January 31, 2009

31 Feels Good

First off, I've never realized how many people I know with birthdays close to mine... I went to three birthday parties the weekend before my birthday - and none of them were mine! I know at least 10 people who have birthdays within a week of mine. Very strange. Maybe it's just because I'm 31 now and I know a lot of people?

Casey Haun made me homemade buttermilk wheat biscuits and honey butter for breakfast, which I enjoyed right after my luxurious morning routine in my newly remodeled master bathroom. My sweet friends - well, really just Tay - decorated my office for me, which was a fun surprise. I ate lunch with my mom at Mariposa (Neiman Marcus' restaurant) and got to ride the escalators through the white hanging butterflies. For those of you (girls) who have never done it, it's just magical. Sorry I didn't take a picture; I thought I might get sued.


Then the freezing rain started, making the roads dangerous, so I got to go home at 3! I love cold freezing precipitation of any kind and thought it was a very nice little gift from God. After I hung out with Casey for a couple of hours, we braved the slippery streets to Frisco and made homemade pizza together with the Haun clan - YUMMY! I got birthday kisses from some very special gentlemen, but Barron and Jeff flat out refused. I'm not sure what kind of message they're trying to send with their reluctance to participate in family traditions, but I can't say I'm not a little concerned about it...



What can I say? I got to wear a tiara and eat creme brulee! It doesn't get much nicer than that. We braved the weather, which by that point was way more treacherous, like the true adventurers we are and made it home safely. I didn't have to go in to work the next morning until 11, so we slept in and had another leisurely breakfast and Casey drove me to work and worked from my office all day. It was just perfect.

I received so many texts, emails, facebook messages, electronic cards, physical cards and phone calls! It's amazing to know so many wonderful people. Thanks for celebrating with me. I've continued the birthday week, as is our custom, and enjoyed myself thoroughly. Now, onto Holly's birthday...

5 comments:

Mae said...

You look so pretty in a tiara, you should wear one all the time!

Jackie Sue said...

SO glad you had a great day...I mean, week! We'll celebrate again in August for all of us! :) You're right, I know at least 5 people with birthdays the same week as yours...and all very special!

Katherine said...

I LOVE the tiara, too! :) And, can you REALLY be 31?!?!! I don't even want to think what that means for me... Love yoU! So glad it was a good bday week! (obviously I'm a little behind- and sick in bed tonight- am catching up on what I've missed in the last, very busy 2 weeks! :))

Love you-

Chris Hayashida-Knight said...

I'll be 31 in a couple of weeks! I hope it's the amazing rite of passage I've always imagined 31 to be... :)

Amy said...

I love me some Miraposa popovers.

I was recently mocked when someone said butterflies made them think of yucky cocoons and I said they make me think of NM!

I'm so glad you had the fab birthday you deserve!