Friday, January 25, 2013

Countdown to 35... Birthday Memories

One year, I think my ninth, my mom made me a birthday cake (from scratch - that's her way) and decorated it with candied violets. I don't have a picture, but I thought it was so cool that you could eat violets.

On my 27th birthday, Casey took me to the Richardson Animal Shelter and I got to pick a dog and take him home. Bix is still one of my favorite birthday gifts ever... He's the sweetest puppy dog.

My first surprise party was thrown by my college roommate during our freshman year and I was completely surprised! Sweet Melissa threw two more for me while we were in college. She is the surprise party queen and I love it! Casey threw me a surprise party that he planned in one day - he's so spontaneous :)

By far, this birthday campaign has been my favorite way to celebrate my birthday. I just wish I could fly to India and hug the cute kids in their uniforms! Maybe one day...

My goal is to raise $3,500 in the 35 days leading up to my 35th birthday for 70 kids in India to get school supplies and uniforms. Just 2 days left! 12 kids have been covered already. Would you consider helping me reach my goal and make a donation in any amount to Covenant Children's Homes (a ministry of India Christian Ministries)?

To give a gift of school supplies, click the PayPal link below:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YTQTXCQNL7BX6

To learn more about the kids at Covenant Children's Home, visit:
http://www.cch-india.com/
and
http://www.facebook.com/covenantchildrenshomesindia

No comments: